Sunday, December 5, 2010

o christmas tree

So far, my husband and I have traveled every Christmas except the one when Kiddo was born. So, a Christmas tree hasn't been very high on our priority list (usually it was finals and other end of the semester stuff). The year Kiddo was born we had a tree because my mom was there, and it was super high on her priority list. This year though, Kiddo is old enough, and although we're traveling, it just seemed like it was time. So we bought a tree. It's 3 feet tall, and sits on our coffee table. Kiddo loves it.

When my husband suggested they go buy a Christmas tree, she yelled "yeah! And it will be green!" When they came home with it, she couldn't wait to show me. I put some lights on it, then they hung some of our limited supply of ornaments. It gives our room a festive little air, and is perfect for our small space. Maybe next year we'll have a big one, but for right now this is just right.

(For your viewing pleasure, my first (and perhaps only) attempts at a picture of the girls in front of the tree. You'll see Secundus overly occupied with touching the tree, and Primus occupied with whatever goes on in that little head of hers that is not what I would like her to be doing at the time. Is she dancing? Probably.)