Thursday, October 14, 2010

low blow

Babs woke up around 4 am, as usual, but, atypically, didn't want to eat. She wanted to cry and be held. I finally calmed her down, but I couldn't put her down in her bed without more crying. At some point this crying must have woken Kiddo. I know this because as I lay silently with Babs on the couch, I heard little feet walk into my room, then larger feet walk back into the girls room, and the tired sound of my husband lying in bed with her.

About thirty minutes later, he gave up on her falling asleep, and left her there. And about this same time I was finally ready to put Babs down again (in her second crib, the pack-n-play in our computer/storage room, so she could cry it out in peace). We both tiredly head back to our bed.

And then the voice. "Daddy, I need my mom." "Daddy, I need my mom!" With a chuckle and a sigh, I went in there for a few minutes. She calmed down, and we all went back to sleep for a few hours.

Apparently the mice were up last night too. On the table. Longer sigh.