Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the bedtime posse

As has already been chronicled, Kiddo chose her comfort items (her lovies) a little later in life. And they happen to be an old pair of soft pajamas and a onsie. Recently she's added a stuffed lamb her great-grandmother gave her (named Agnes), and a small stuffed cat that was a Burger King kids toy. We're mostly resigned to just making sure she has them, otherwise we will surely hear, after we believe she's asleep, "I need my jammies and my onsie" or "where's little kitty?"

(Yes, she's only in her underwear. She likes to sleep this way. And while it was warm, I just didn't think it was worth the fight. I tried to convince her to put on clothes before her daddy got home, but that didn't always work. He is less of the "clothing optional for toddlers" mindset, but is giving in because it's hard to fight both of us.)