Saturday, October 9, 2010

jors and mines

Kiddo is all about ownership right now, and everything is "mines!" as in "That's mines!" Today she ate both a piece of bread and quesadilla she didn't want just so that I could not have them. If she's not willing to share with me, well, that's some serious desire to have possession.

What few things are not hers are "jors." Kiddo has a new nursery leader who is from Peru. Her accent pronounces "y" as "j." Kiddo came home a few weeks ago saying "jors" instead of "yours." I suppose it is easier to pronounce.

Luckily, Babs has a few toys that are hers, and were never Kiddo's. When she plays with a specific book, Kiddo covets the book. I will not let her take it from Babs, and each time I give Kiddo the same deal. Let Babs play with one of your dolls (she seriously wants to suck their faces). And each time the desire to keep her things hers weighs in strongest, and Kiddo says no. At least she knows what she wants.