Friday, August 20, 2010

smart infinity

Kiddo is pretty contrary these days. If you tell her something you plan to do, she often counters with a declaration of "No, I'll do it." And, she loves to complain about being "stuck" in the car. We may encourage this by agreeing with her, and telling her to deal with it.

This evening on the way home from Indian food (so good), she called from the back "Mama! I stuck. Can you push this button?" (the one that undoes the straps). I told her no, because we were still driving, and we don't get out while we're driving.

"No, we are not still driving!" she claimed. I'm sad to admit this degraded into the equivalent of "are too," "are not," argument for a minute or so (with my husband chiming in). Then, feeling smug, my husband said "we are infinity." Kiddo thought a second, the replied "we are not infinity!" and he and I laughed.

She got the right comeback, and used a new word, and even pronounced it better than most of the other words she used in that sentence.