Monday, August 23, 2010

props from my 2 year old

Kiddo decided to change back into her "ice cream jammies and ice cream pants" with a pull-up for her nap. After her nap I was trying to get her back into underwear, and it was not an easy task. She openly rebelled more than once. So I decided that she could stay in her pull-up, but I would not let her do anything she asked, until she changed.

Finally she had to use the potty, so the pull-up came off, and I took this opportunity to get her changed. But after washing her hands, she did not want to put on her underwear (I believe she wanted to get in her swimsuit - my fault for not putting it away), so there we were arguing with her naked on the floor. I insisted she must put on underwear, and explained it would be best if she got dressed because we were going to the store after dinner. She continued to resist until I threatened standing in the corner.

She was then quick to let me get her dressed. As I walked off, frustrated and tired, to pick up Secundus who was now crying in her crib, Kiddo started clapping her hands and said "Good job getting me dressed mommy!"