Sunday, August 22, 2010

junior conductor

I lead the choir at church (all six of us). My husband kindly sings in it. My pianist recently moved, so I now accompany it. (There is another pianist, but I need her to sing.) Since we are two parents, and two children, but I am otherwise occupied, we needed someone to take care of Kiddo. And then inspiration struck. Since I was at the piano, there was no one conducting the music. We gave Kiddo the task.

She performed admirably, albeit a little off task. Whenever she would forget to conduct, one of the ladies would kindly remind her by waving their hand a bit. And if we weren't actively singing, she would request to sing "I am a Child of God."

Near the end she sat on her stool, and was apparently carefully inspecting her underwear. So my husband (we're all family here) asked her if she needed to go to the potty. "No," she innocently replied. "I just need to stay here and sing with my friends." They are her friends, and they loved singing with her. (We sang her request at the end.)