Saturday, December 5, 2009

we've been had

Kiddo is having trouble going to sleep tonight. The first attempt seemed to take, until she woke up two hours later. The second attempt was accompanied by crying "DADA!" "MAMA!" at intervals, hoping to get us to come back. We were being strong, and trying to let her get herself back to sleep, which usually works. Then she pulled out her trump card. "Poopy diaper. Poopy diaper."

What could I do? I went in to change her diaper. We do this routine quite often at naptime, so I was hoping I could change the diaper and move on. Except her diaper wasn't poopy. And I certainly wasn't able to quickly move on. Was she saying it to get me in the room? I think so.

Attempt three is still underway by daddy. This time she got us in the room by yelling about how she bumped her head. Again, I must ask, are these things really happening, or does she just know that we respond to these calls?