Saturday, December 19, 2009

together again

After a long weekend of moving, and a long week of moving in, we are ready for a vacation (luckily we fly to my parents in two days).

We packed up the truck Friday evening and Saturday morning. My husband's cousin and aunt were miraculously passing through town, and helped us out. How amazing is that? There help was so needed, and so welcome.

We drove out Saturday, and unpacked the truck Saturday afternoon. On Sunday we met with our new branch (more on that another day), then drove back to our old house. On Monday we cleaned, with a short break for an ultrasound ("there is an 80% chance it's a girl") and lunch with a friend. Then we drove back. Tell me we know how to celebrate a birthday around this place. (It was Kiddo's 2nd.)

Tuesday on we've been unpacking boxes, Husband has been working, and we're all surviving.

Things I am grateful for:
*After a week, we are now the proud owners of a fridge, which keeps food cool for long periods of time. Tell me this is not a wonderful invention.
*We eat as a family every night. Okay, so it's usually a picnic on the floor (where is the table? oh yeah, covered with boxes), but we're together. My husband comes home in the evening, and stays. Jobs are amazing.
*Jobs also come with salaries. Even more exciting.
*Despite a fatigue that seems insurmountable, my kitchen is almost in working order. We have a toaster, and multiples knives and cutting boards, our wok, our popcorn popper, and a myriad of other things that I somehow lived without, but no longer have to.

And the list goes on. Here's another one. I accidentally threw my wallet away with some trash at one restaurant we ate at. Through a conversation at dinner that was completely atypical (we were going to use my plastic, not my husband's), to pay, we figured out it was missing, and through the Spirit were prompted as to where to look. Because let's be honest, this restaurant is no where near where we used to live, or where we live now, and it's just good we found it then. The blessings just keep coming.