Saturday, May 17, 2008

liberation from the home front

Although I had forgot, my babysitter had not, and she called yesterday to know when to come so my husband and I could go out. This makes three times that we've been out since she was born. First we went out when she was one week old while my parents watched her - a quick lunch. Second we went out when my mother-in-law watched her - a quick dinner. Both times we came home to a crying baby.

But this time success! Perhaps because we left her crying in her crib putting herself to bed. And she was still asleep when we got home. (Although I believe we both spent the whole time vaguely tensed for what we believed was the inevitable phone call from the sitter saying 'come home now!')

Iron Man is a great movie. But even better was the opportunity to be out for just a bit with the love of my life, and only him.

No comments: