Monday, May 5, 2008

the joy of waking up myself

This morning, for the first time in recent memory, I woke up because I felt like it was time to get up. Leni did not wake me up - either by chatting with her mobile or crying.

We put her to bed around 8, like usual. She needed to feed again around 1, like usual. She cried a little bit after putting her back down, but we decided to give her a few minutes, and she fell back asleep. More feeding at 4, like usual. She woke up at 6 with the sun, like usual, but this morning we let her fuss on her own for a bit. The next thing I remember is Michael reaching for his scriptures. Leni got up about 20 minutes later. I could exist on sleep like this.

Never, in all my years of waking up did I realize how absolutely wonderful it is to wake up on your own schedule - not someone else's. I'm pretty sure this won't last, but for today, it was beautiful.

No comments: