Thursday, August 16, 2012

payback

We're taking a potty training break. I'm waiting until I can give it my complete attention, which will be next week hopefully, after my dentist appointment. But I thought I could still have her sit on the potty first thing in the morning so we don't loose all our momentum. Yesterday morning Babs and I were "discussing" whether she would sit on the potty before we did other things.

The discussion went something like this: "Babs, before we play I want you to sit on the potty." "NOOOOOOOO I do not sit on potty!" "Just sit on the potty." "NOOOOOOOO I do not sit on potty."... well, you get the idea. We went back and forth for a minute or two.

Kiddo finished the argument. "Babs, if you don't want to sit on the potty, just ignore Mom."


Okay, clearly, we need to talk about who you can ignore, and who you can't. Yes, you can, and should sometimes, ignore your sister. Or the kid in the next classroom who's kicking the wall. You should not ignore your parents, even if you don't like what they're saying.

I told this story to my husband who paused and said, "well, this explains everything."