Friday, June 29, 2012

changes

She walked into the mall looking like this:
 After a fancy wash, and a fair amount of wiggling, we ended up with this: (Note the eyes to the side. Guess what! There's TV in the room!)
 Kiddo has been asking for a haircut, about since Babs got hers cut. We put it off, not sure if she really wanted, not sure if she understood that while haircuts are not permanent, you also can't just change your mind right afterward either, and not sure we were ready to lose her hair. But we did it. (Although honestly, I believe there will be at least one serious crying session of regret of this decision. We'll see.)
So far (three hours later), she's still okay with it. And she's adorable.

As is the other one, who also came with us. And also got her hair cut.(This is before I spilled chocolate milk all over her, the table, and the floor. Blegh.)
We went to a place that was geared towards children. I'm not sure I'll do that again. The lady who cut their hair did a great job with the not quite 1-year old boy before us. But she seemed really surprised and put out by Kiddo's constant wiggling and fidgeting. I recognize that makes hair cutting complicated, but she's four. Could Kiddo possibly be the only child who is a little nervous and a little ticklish? She also did a fair job with Babs, but Babs was more still. The stylist continued to look put out until I generously tipped her, when she immediately perked up. I feel like I may have been had... (Or maybe all parents are cheap, and this is the way she has figured out to make a living wage with the job she can find. I should not judge I guess.)

But the girls both loved the carousel we went on afterwards. Plus there was a toy store where we bought nothing. Poor Kiddo, it's been almost two weeks since she acquired a new toy, she's going into withdrawal.