Tuesday, May 29, 2012

memorial day

We had a great day off yesterday. I started the day with a trip to the temple. Then we just spent time as a family. I took a nap. My husband played with our kids. Then we had a family picnic that evening.

We went to a park, had a picnic, took a drive to see the bay, and came home tired and hot, but content. I watered plants with the girls while my husband finished mowing the lawn. And then we headed inside to put the kids to bed.

That's when things started to fall apart. Babs smacked my husband as he took her off to go to bed, so she got stuck in bed with no stories and no songs. She obviously didn't approve of that, but eventually quieted down. Kiddo was much better natured, but decided as I was leaving the room she really needed a snack. So she came out for a snack. When I sent her to bed, she was terribly sad that I wouldn't go back to bed with her, so I walked her back to her room. She insisted that her three night light options were not sufficient, and instead wanted the overhead light on (or, as she called it, the day time light). I just wanted her to be in bed, so I turned on the light and walked out.

As I walked away, I noticed that the light was on in Babs' room too. She was standing in her crib, turning the light on and off.

"We're losing tonight," I announced to my husband.