Sunday, July 17, 2011

practice makes perfect

Once she was finally dressed this morning, Kiddo looked beautiful. She was wearing her favorite dress (it has pockets!), and asked me to put that ribbon in her hair. With the curls at the end of her beautiful long hair, well, I was smitten, again. So I took her picture.

The pictures don't do her justice, and it's not just because she's doing a silly smile. I sighed and thought, I just don't have Wendolin's talent... or her equipment or experience, my mind added. I thought about how talent is an perfect starting point, but practice is really important to expertise as well. Then I realized that one of the truly important reasons for me to stay at home as a mother is because then I can actually spend enough time at it to actually get good at it.

There's hope for me yet.