Sunday, June 26, 2011

Babs the last few months

Some photo documentation of things I would have otherwise forgotten:

We think she was trying to climb up onto our bed, which is about 3 1/2 feet off the floor. What we know is that we heard a loud bonk, then some louder crying. Pushing the hair away showed us a major bruise and almost cut. (It didn't actually bleed out.)
It had mostly cleared, just a little scar, when she bumped it again two days ago. Now she has two small lines on her eyelid. We're just grateful it's the eyelid.

Here's her first go at corn. She really liked it. Now though, she prefers to have the kernels cut off.

My great dream for our new place is that the water drains, instead of pooling in the sink. This will disappoint my daughters though. Note that Babs is on tiptoes in order to reach the water. She gets so excited. It is about the only thing in the bathroom more exciting than the plunger. But there are fewer opportunities to play in the water right now because I've decided that I need the bathroom to be alone time, and Kiddo has been grounded from water games currently.
One consequence of me closing the girls out while I use the bathroom is that today, when my husband was on child duty (and I was at church), Babs would periodically walk to the bathroom, pound on the door and yell "Mama!" wondering where I was.

If it's possible, Babs likes candy and chocolate more than Kiddo does. It's genetic, and environmental. But I plan to have the environmental side improved within the next few years. (It's an actual plan, not a wishful thinking plan.) I can't do anything about the genetics though.
(This picture was a good idea until she lunged for me, smearing chocolate all over the floor. That seems to often happen with moments caught on camera with Babs. If I get the picture or just choose to wait to try for the picture, there are usually real repercussions to me choosing not cleaning up the mess immediately. There is a lesson here if I'll just learn it.)