Wednesday, September 1, 2010

more making music

This morning Kiddo and I were putting on a little concert. I was playing the melody with a carefully held thermometer (apparently it matters which end you pretend to play). Kiddo had the beat with her balloon drum and a stick made from a straw and foam sticker.

I figured I'd multitask a little, and was walking around with my thermometer in one hand and putting something away with the other.

"No, play for the double," I was instructed. Huh? so I dutifully put both hands on my instrument. "No, for the double," she insisted. I heard the words, but for the double? what does that mean? I clarified that I heard the words correctly (plus, when did she learn the word double anyway?), I had. As I puzzled out what she could mean I paid way more attention to her body language. Oh, play for our doubles.

She wanted me to be in front of the TV, so she could see both our reflections, or our doubles.