Sunday, September 19, 2010

choir performance

My branch choir sang today. I lead, and my husband supports, so just before we sang my husband leaned over and asked, "What should we do with Kiddo?" (Babs was asleep, so needed no help.) I figured we would just take her up with us. She wouldn't be the first kid to join this choir.

First she stood between the men and the women. Then I picked her up. A few moments later she wiggled down. Then a few more notes and she whispers to me "I need a book." I grabbed the nearest hymnal, which happened to be Spanish. She walked around the lady standing next to me, and put the hymnal on the music stand. I pushed it down so it would be at her level, figuring that would be the least painful way to make what she wanted happen. Then she started to lead, and proceeded to lead the last verse and a half. After we were done, as I herded her back to our seat she insisted "I need to lead the choir."

We are now officially part of the problem.