Thursday, April 15, 2010

change is here

My great physical vanity is my hair. It is curly, and almost zero-maintenance. And it's a cool melange of color. What more could a girl want?
It was also really long...

...because it's hard for me to find someone I trust to cut my hair. But it was time for a change. I've been thinking about it for months (perhaps years) but there is the problem of who, and how? Because if you look for people with curly haircuts, they are often all a variation on my haircut, just at varying lengths.

But my walking partner is also a professional hair stylist. So I asked her to cut my hair.

And she did.
So now it is not long. And in this picture looks a lot like my mom's hair color, not my reddish-brownish mix I'm used to. But cute I think. And it didn't freak Kiddo out. And I really don't know whether it is still low maintenance or not, but knowing me, it probably is, because I just can't imagine spending much time on it.