Friday, May 8, 2009

update on the never ending saga

Yesterday my friend came over to watch Kiddo so I could get some work done, and I got some great work accomplished. I opened up my file later than evening and found, to my horror, that the file was corrupted. A few phone calls later to my tech support (husband, mother-in-law and older brother) confirmed my disappointment, the work was gone.

The good news is that I am pretty compulsive about saving (although clearly not compulsive enough) so I only lost the afternoon's worth of work. But it was a good afternoon!

The better news is that it took me much less time to recreate the work, thus I was still able to finish writing. I am now simply polishing from here to defense time. I'm not so anxiously waiting the first round of feedback from my various committee members. Have you ever seen brownish dull looking old silverware, and you are supposed somehow make it actually shine? We're talking that kind of polishing, without the magical chemicals.

Come what may, in five weeks you can call me doctor.