Sunday, September 7, 2014

a funny story about Babs


I turned to my husband the other night and asked "Do you want to hear a funny story about Babs?" He replied, "are there any that aren't funny?" which was a valid comment. She's funny, clever, smart, and does things her own way, so all her stories are great. So here it is.

She started preschool last week, and is not a fan. (Can you tell from the picture?) Part of the problem is that she hasn't had recess yet (go outside and play on the playground). Part of the problem is she doesn't like to leave me. Part of the problem is that she's never really gotten into being in a classroom setting (hence, preschool, to prepare her for more school).

But I signed us up to bring the snack on the second day of school, "child's favorite fruit." I asked her what her favorite fruit was, she told me she wanted apples. I didn't expect that. She eats apples, but she loves berries. But no matter when or how I asked, she insisted on apples.

At the store she had me buy strawberries for her, and apples. I then learned her plan was bring strawberries for her, and apples for everyone else. Natural suspicion of those she barely knows, just one more thing we love about our Babs.