Wednesday, January 12, 2011

and we're back

We've really only been home three days. It feels like our vacation was another life time ago. Our front door lock broke while we were gone, so if we want our home to be locked up while we're out, we have to leave through the back door. It also means that if I've forgot anything, it stays forgotten. And, it feels like all the people we love and serve here were waiting for us to get home, so we can help them so more. I'd really just like to get my laundry done. Or take a nap for the next two years.

Instead I'll take a 15 minutes nap, and then try to find free clinics in my area for a new family. Any suggestions on how to do that? Or volunteers to do my laundry?

Or even more useful, an answer that my three-year old will hear about why she can't have her daddy's licorice?