Tuesday, October 4, 2011

an unexpected afternoon

Both my kids are asleep. Babs has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours, which may be a record for her since she turned 6 mos. old. Kiddo is taking her third nap in as many days. This means she'll be up with us late again tonight. But right now, it's really quiet and peaceful in the house.

Yet, I don't know what to do with my spare time. I've already read my scriptures, and here's a blog post, and I don't have any projects on tap... Of course, I also never have this sort of quiet in the afternoon, so I guess that's why I don't know what to do.

I hate having this free time, and feeling like I'm not using it to it's fullest potential. I suppose since I'm a busy mom of young children, watching TV and eating cookies seems like a really good idea.

(Too bad I'm living with my parents, so I'm under the "every minute must be productive" brainwashing they do around here; and I really want to lose a little weight, so I'm trying so hard not to eat cookies. I guess I'll figure something out, or go pinch a baby to wake them up.)