Sunday, April 3, 2011

wink and a smile

While shopping with my parents, we noticed Kiddo had found a mirror. (Her love of mirrors is intense, even for someone her age.) Then we noticed what she was doing. She was pushing up a cheek with one hand, and down on her eyebrow with the other in order to close one eye while the other was still open. "Look! I'm winking!" she announced. She pushed and practiced some more.

She's been practicing ever since then. She can now do it without help from her hands. She can also do it with either eye. She looks very awkward doing it, but she can.

My husband thinks that all her effort is a little odd, it's just a wink after all. I think it makes perfect sense, because I had to practice to wink with both eyes, and to do it with any degree of proficiency. I'm just glad she's practicing now, while she's young and it's easy.

Winking is important in our family, it's one of the ways we say I love you.