Friday, April 8, 2011

comfort item

Kiddo has her jammies and onesie, Babs has me, or more specifically, my hair. Ever since she was capable, she wraps her little hands in my hair and holds on. She will do this especially when upset, but mostly whenever possible. When upset she also sucks on her bottom lip. She started doing this about the same time she decided not to suck on her palm.

She definitely prefers me to everyone else, and has become quite protective of me. When she sees her sister cuddling with me, she crawls to me, then cries until I pick her up. She wraps her arms tight around my neck so that there is less room for anyone else. If other children are visiting, she will soon find her way to being held. Yesterday, Kiddo stood by my leg and pulled on my pants, asking me to pick her up. Babs quickly came to me, pulled herself to standing, then pushed Kiddo's hand off my leg. Kiddo laughed, and put it back. Babs pushed it off. This continued, with Babs getting increasingly frustrated, and Kiddo laughing (not realizing she was upsetting her sister) until Kiddo cries out "We're having fun!" Or at least one of them was.