Sunday, September 20, 2009

the hair dilemma (and solution)

So this picture is sideways, but I just don't know how to fix it; tilt your head please. This is my adorable daughter. See how her hair is so close to her eyes and mouth and nose? Well, about two weeks ago she determined that she had no need of the ponytails we had been giving her. So she pulls them out within 20 minutes of me putting them in (usually immediately, but sometimes she could be briefly distracted from her cause). But most of the time, her hair was loose, and it did not stay to the side of her face like in this picture. Both she and I spent quite a bit of time trying to push it out of the way, until it would fall down again.
So then she often looked more like this:
It couldn't be ignored. I took a deep breath, and had my mom cut her bangs. They are cute. I am still unsure whether we'll let them grow out or not, but for two days, she hasn't had hair in her face, and that's a good thing.