Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the beginning of the childproofing

She is really all over the floor now. She doesn't crawl per se, but she can move wherever she is determined to. I have been spending a fair amount of our time together in the last few days moving remote controls, extracting my shoes out of her grip, and pulling her back from the carpet's edge (she still likes to pull at it and eat it).

Yesterday we made two significant changes, bowing to the inevitable. I finally washed my plastic shoes so she could eat them in peace. My husband had compassion on me and moved our area rug over the carpet edge.

Today she has shown no interest in that pair of shoes (the holy grail up until yesterday), but plenty in the other pairs. And she has spent plenty of time hanging out at the edge of the rug, hunting around underneath so she can find the carpet's edge. She is focused and committed on acheiving her goals if nothing else.