Friday, April 25, 2008

and bedtime makes four

My daughter is extremely good natured. If she is crying, which is she normally is not, she has a reason. At first it was just to express that she was hungry or tired. Then she added car seats to the list (but has since outgrown that aversion - thank goodness!). Recently she has added to more reasons to complain to her list: strangers holding her and going to bed.

Yes, at four months my daughter has a full-blown case of stranger anxiety. If my husband or I are holding her the world is a beautiful place with lots of fun people to smile and interact with. If someone else is holding her, she cries as though her world is ending.

And then the real kicker - the bedtime routine. We started it recently so she would know it was bedtime, and would learn to put herself to sleep. She knows the routine already - and starts crying as soon as we start reading the book.

I suppose I could see it as sweet, that my daughter loves me so much that she actively protests any seperation, but instead I just wish she would go to bed, and let me out of the house with my husband for 20 minutes.

No comments: