Sunday, June 14, 2015

tiny thugs

We were at my friend's house the other day with lots of little kids playing in their backyard. Many of the very little kids (by that I mean the boy's age) kept digging in the fairy gardens that belonged to some of Babs' friends. But not my boy, because we'd been here before, so he knew better, and I was watching, because I knew better.

But other kids did dig, and this upset the older kids (Bab's age) a lot, especially the twin owners of the fairy gardens.

Babs came to me crying: "My brother is leading a baby team to go dig in the fairy garden!"

"Sweetie, he's not in the fairy garden, I've been watching."

"But they say that he's doing it, and he's getting all the other babies to help him!"

I tried to calm her down while in my head imagining the complex operation of both organizing a gang of babies, and having a 22 month old as the leader.

But rumors are persistent... my friend is still trying to convince her girls that my Boy was not the ring leader too.

(He looks guilty, don't you think?)