Friday, January 30, 2015

when she grows up

"I'm going to practice my whipping," announced Babs, "in case I get a lion when I grow up."


"Dad, when will you get me a real gun?"
"Well Babs, real guns aren't very fun, they can really hurt people, so you can't play with them."
"I know. I still want one."


"Mom, when will you get me real sword?" Babs asked with genuine concern in her voice.
"Well sweetie, not for a very long time. Like Daddy said about the guns, real swords can be dangerous, so you have to be older to have one."
"I know. I need one when I'm grown up."
"If you'd like to spend your money on one when you grow up, that's your choice."
"I need one so I can kill the animals I hunt. In case I am poor when I get older, then I'll have something to eat.... Or if I marry someone poor."