Tuesday, February 12, 2013

the last place I'd look

Babs loves babies. One of her favorite songs is "Santa Baby" (not one of my favorite songs, and why did it take me two months to figure out she loved it for the idea of the baby?). The Christmas season is her favorite because it's truly all about a baby.

We bought the girls a Playmobil nativity set in early December, mostly so they'd forget about my breakable set (which she didn't). But it's been a winner in the respect that she has played with Baby Jesus for more hours than I could have imagined.

A few days ago, some of their friends came by so their mom could move apartments in peace. The first thing Babs did was show them her Baby Jesus. It was also the last time I saw him. As he is approximately 2 inches tall, our chances of finding him again seemed slim.

But the other day, my good husband was both cleaning Babs' room, and packing away some toys when he found Baby Jesus. He called Babs in to share the news. He decided to be clever, and pretend to pull the baby from out of her ears, a slight of hand that is well-loved in his family (and ours).

For the next two days, Babs excitedly told anyone who would listen that Baby Jesus was lost, but we found him in her ear! No wonder I hadn't found him yet, I didn't think to look there.