Saturday, October 13, 2012

funny dark

Do you want to play a game with us? Kiddo dreamed it up, but Babs is the great believer. We play it (way more) often (than I'd like) after Babs wakes up, but before I get her out of her crib.

Here's how it works:
Babs switches the light on, then switches it off. Every time the light is turned off, we are supposed to laugh. When the light is turned back on, we stop, often I am expected to say "Oh!" as if I'm surprised. This continues until I can't stand it a moment longer. Sometimes, to add more variety, Babs turns the light on and off really fast, while I make a bunch of silly noises until she settles on one or the other (briefly).

Because I want my children to feel loved, and to have lots of fun, I play this game a lot. Today though, I'm not very fun at all, and when asked "Do you want to play funny dark?" I finally said what I always want to say: "no, I absolutely do not want to play" and that was that.

I'm sure I'll get to play again tomorrow.