Tuesday, October 30, 2012

a super hurricane

Hurricane Sandy blew through our neck of the woods this week. The devestation is wreaked on many areas of the country is mind-boggling. But, where I live, as my friend noted, if I hadn't known it was a hurricane, I would have thought we just had a big rainstorm.

Except we were prepared for a hurricane. So, my husband got a day and a half off work, which we've spent hanging out at the house, enjoying some time to not do errands, not go to preschool, and just be here.

This morning we had a scavenger hunt to find a new toy. This afternoon I went for Bab's blood draw* without the pressure of an older (freaking out) sister in the room. The girls both took a nap yesterday afternoon, giving us some precious quiet time. I didn't have to make dinner tonight.

Of course, it's not all perfect. For example, Grandma was supposed to be here, bathing our girls for us as I write this. But the 50 mph winds last night made for a cancelled trip. Oh, she'll be here soon, but not this week.

But it was pretty close.

* It's the fever thing. And the fact that she tells me at least once a day that she's tired and needs a nap. Really? At two? No, that's just not normal. So we're testing all sorts of things as the Dr. and I try to figure out what's going on.