Wednesday, April 11, 2012

take a closer look

Obviously the first thing this picture makes you think is how much you want to scoop this little girl up and love and hug her to bits, because she's just that adorable. But her absolute cuteness is not the subject of this post (although clearly I could go on and on about that).

While discussing things with Kiddo's preschool teacher today, my girls were playing. My warning to slow down had no effect, and Babs did a face plant. But she's tired, so I assumed she had hurt feelings more than hurt self, I picked her up without a second glance, and she calmed quickly.

On the way home I turned around to look at her, and thought, what does she have on her tooth? Followed almost immediately by a double look, and the thought, WHERE IS HER TOOTH? or at least that little corner that used to be there, and is now clearly not.

I turned back to the road, and sighed "oh shoot." At the next light, hoping I was seeing things (or not seeing things as the case may be), I turned around and asked her to smile at me again. It's chipped.

We skipped the store, and came straight home so I could find us a dentist. (Nothing like a crisis to help you get things off the to-do list.) We're going in tomorrow. Since she's smiling and singing, she's at least not hurt. But that tooth...