Tuesday, April 24, 2012

For Babs' birthday weekend, we went to the aquarium. It was a big hit (not unlike last year). We met a macaw named Margaret. We saw a dolphin show which really impressed the girls (and the adults). And also wandered around a bit.

When I saw this fellow, I tried to steer my children away (having mothered Kiddo for 4 years now). But I forgot about Babs. She really wanted to meet him, and shake his hand. (People who aren't Mormon don't get the whole small child who shakes hands but doesn't give high-fives, but that's who we are.) This also gave Kiddo the courage to go meet him too. 
The other hit was the jellyfish. They really are fascinating creatures.
(Kiddo announced that she wanted to be a dolphin trainer after we visited here. Of all the things she wants to be, that one at least made sense to me, because it would take a fair amount of education.)

We're super grateful for visits from Grandma, so we can go to such a fun place!