Wednesday, February 2, 2011

my curly hair

Kiddo is pretty obsessed with my curly hair right now. She wants to touch it. She labels each hair as curly or straight. She tells me that "your hair is curly, so that means we pull it!" Luckily (for her and me) "pull" in this circumstance means gently pull on it to straighten the curl, then let it boing back into place. This is to distinguish with Babs' pull, which means wrap your little pudgy hand tightly around as much hair as you can grab and yank on with all your little might, back and forth quickly. Which despite her little size actually hurts a lot. Poor Kiddo is the brunt of much of this love.

As we were driving home the other day, Kiddo again started talking about my hair. "Your hair is curly," she declared. "Mine is straight and sticky." Sticky, adj., meaning to attach to oneself, i.e., incredibly full of static. Welcome to winter time with long hair.