Wednesday, August 19, 2009

what to say?

We finally heard back from both jobs for which my husband was on the short list, and there is no job for him yet. I'm sure this is a blessing, because it allows him to finish up his degree this semester without having to also start a job, which would be complicated. Or maybe its not a blessing directly, but will become one as we turn our hearts and wills over to our Heavenly Father. At any rate, it will turn out fine. There are serious hurdles to be crossed with this news, namely where to live and how to pay for it, but hey, what's life without a little adventure? Plus I'm sure this will both increase my empathy for others, and decrease my likelihood of saying trite things to others who are experiencing significant trials. So you see, we're being blessed already.

In a book by Patricia Holland, she shares an experience of when she was pleading to the Lord to bless one of her sons in a particular way, and then she was prompted that the son was being blessed, just in the Lord's way, not the mother's way. I remember that frequently right now, remembering that I, and my family, are being blessed, even if it's in different ways than I expected.