Wednesday, March 9, 2016

angles and geometry

Kiddo was starting her homework last night, and asked me what an angle was. I answered the question without much thought, helped her distinguish it from a vertex, and went on making dinner.

She wrote a song about angles and vertices (using both the singular and plural version correctly!), instead of doing her spelling. But it's a great song.

Then later I felt guilty. If Kiddo doesn't know something about the homework, then it wasn't explained well, or at all. And not every kid has parents who can answer any question about the homework. So I really should let the teacher know. Or in other words, I shouldn't feel the need to help her with her homework every again. Wa-hoo!

(It turns out I don't know how to type any longer without emoticons. I'm not sure how I feel about that.)