Tuesday, July 9, 2013

laundry

I don't really mind laundry. I like clean clothes, and I like empty laundry baskets. And as long as you keep the machines moving, it can usually be done in a day.

I don't like that a laundry basket is not empty again at the end of the day. And I really don't like folding the load of kids clothes. I fold, and fold, and fold, and fold, and still there are more clothes. Then once they're folded, there are (what seems like) hundreds of piles of little tiny clothes. But kids really can't sort through a clean laundry basket and find what they need - so I can't really skip that step. I have taught Kiddo how to put away her laundry - but I will only give her one category at a time, otherwise I just have to redo it the next time I go in her room.

As you may realize, I'm starting over with the really tiny baby clothes again soon. It seems that I should change my attitude about laundry, but instead I think I'll just be overwhelmed. And feel ridiculously proud of myself those times when I actually fold and put away clothes. (It's the little victories.)