Wednesday, May 15, 2013

preschool graduation

Tonight was preschool graduation for Kiddo. I took a few pictures from far away, but decided that the pictures were definitely not worth experiencing her presentation through a screen, so I put the camera (phone) away, and focused on my delightful daughter.

Her teacher described her as perhaps the happiest child she has ever met. And I believe she might be right. I see her all the time, so clearly I know that Kiddo is not always happy, but she is mostly happy. (Even when her sister is sitting on her back insisting on a horsey ride, and making it so she can't breathe, she just smiles away.)

The children entered singing "It's a grand ole' flag" and I could see Kiddo's future as a parade queen. She waved her flag, and had a smile and wave for everyone. As they sang the four or five songs they had prepared, she performed all the motions with great enthusiasm, and sang her heart out. I could often hear her over the other children.

Throughout it all, she just made me smile. I was so happy that this amazing child was mine. I couldn't really describe the feeling as pride, because I couldn't see that I had done much, except bring her into the world. The smile, joy, intelligence, and happiness just came with her.

I am so glad to be her mom.