Thursday, November 24, 2011

giving thanks

LinkI've spent the last 8 Thanksgivings with my Aunt and Uncle (except the year Kiddo was born, but I saw them two weeks before). It's a little weird to not be there this year (but great to be with my husband's family). Part of the Thanksgiving tradition is to write two blessings on napkins.

Here are my two: 1) a home when we had no job, and 2) a job!

(Looking over past years, we've been grateful for a job more than once. I hope to stay grateful as the years go on.)

The extended (but not comprehensive) list is this:

I'm grateful for a good husband who I love more each and every day.

I'm grateful for two beautiful daughters, who make me laugh every day. Especially Kiddo who insists that we laugh lots every day, and Babs who at 19 month is delightfully funny because of who she is.

I'm grateful for a safe place to land when we had no job and no home. Not only was it a blessing to not pay rent or other typical bills, but Babs quickly fell in love with Grammy and Grandpa, and Kiddo made wonderful friends through Sunbeams, preschool, and ballet. There are few greater blessings than good families.

I'm grateful that my husband is now employed, or will be at the start of next year, in what appears to be a stable job, in an exciting place to live. This job should be permanent, for which we're also grateful. It should also allow us to renew some precious friendships.

I'm grateful for prayer, and the support system that comes through membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's how we've thrived throughout this year, and will in our new place.