Wednesday, September 14, 2011

bike!


Daddy went out and bought Kiddo a bike today (courtesy of Grandma). She's been asking for a while, and when it came up again a day or two ago, we decided to make it happen.

She was so excited when she got home from the store, with her bike, helmet, and bell. She had a great time with Daddy acquiring the bike.

And tonight she got to ride it. We think she enjoyed it. It's a pretty monumental day for us. I feel like I should have more to say about it, but I don't.

So instead I'll share what I don't want to forget. As she tried to bike through the alley to get from the garage to the sidewalk, she highcentered. The ditch down the center (for drainage) is deep enough that the training wheels kept the wheel from actually touching down, so she was pedaling really fast, but not going anywhere. It made me laugh.

It was a perfect little suburban scene. It was nice to be part of it (even if my role was to stay out of the way).